Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Stuff

Disclaimer: This post will probably interest no one besides my parents. Other than getting cooking and household maintenance help, we haven't talked much lately, so here is a bunch of random stuff for you. Thank you, Parents, for taking interest in these simple aspects of my life!!

Today for a hockey fundraiser I worked at Get Rec'd, a big campus event with tons of vendors and free stuff. I was stoked to get a free NE shirt for working there because the only NE shirts I have are about a dozen with the same boring design. Boy was I mad when I got my free ORANGE shirt. All my shirts from the past 4 years are orange. I finally thought I would get a nice, attractive red one... NOPE. Anyway, this has a happy ending: my awesome teammate Maria got me a red Adidas shirt that she knew I would like :)

Onto some other random stuff...

Today (just before I went out to catch the bus) someone who had just gotten off another bus got hit by a car. What I gather from my fellow bus riders is that the guy who got hit ended up going to jail! What a crappy day. First he gets hit by a car then he goes to jail. The other passengers and I were trying to figure out why they'd send him to the slammer... we figured certainly not for jaywalking. That leaves just a couple options I could think of: 1) public intox (?), 2) had a warrant out for his arrest. At first I was shocked to hear about the accident, but when I heard the guy was up and walking around and eventually locked up, it became more amusing than anything. I wish it were a Cops episode so I could get the inside scoop ;) And one more thought about this-- it is so cool when a bus full of people carries on a conversation together (driver included). 

It's been in the upper 50s, and possibly low 60s. IN JANUARY! I never thought I'd be able to go biking at this time of year. It's pretty awesome. Tomorrow it's going to get cold again and maybe this weekend it will snow. Skiing in the near future???

Latest spring break idea: alternative spring break. (Same general idea as the service trip I took to D.C. a couple years ago.) More to come about this one.

AAPOR paper was officially accepted. Now I have to do the research... and write the paper....

Talked to the Census guy who called about the office job. There's still hope that I can work over the summer, after my internship. Possibly even in the office and not just the field.

This weekend I'm going to watch wrestling and indoor track. Basketball will be somewhere in the near future. And the spring will hopefully be filled with baseball and softball, especially now that I know the sb ace. 

GNSTDLTBB! ILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment