Saturday, December 13, 2008

There's a mouse in my house. ewwww.

I wasn't very happy about finding a mouse in the spare bedroom earlier this week. I slept with my light on that first night so I could keep my eyes out for mice... while I was sleeping. Completely irrational, I know.

So it turns out you don't set mouse traps by sticking the poker thing through the hole on the bait pedal. I figured that out after the mouse stole my peanut butter three times. (Thanks for setting me straight, Dad!) Seriously though, what is that hole for then?

Once I learned how to properly set a trap, the mouse still managed to steal the PB not once, not twice, but another three times.

The guy at Home Depot suggested a glue trap, but I couldn't stand the thought of having to dispose of a live mouse stuck in glue. Instead I bought a pair of plastic Victor traps, and less than 2.5 hours later my roommate discovered a flattened mouse in the trap. Victory!!! (Is that where Victor mouse traps got their name?)

Today I discoverd that the 2nd trap I had set up is missing its bait. I'm going to hope that the stealth (and now flattened) mouse in the garbage can out back robbed me of my peanut butter one last time, and there aren't any more mice. Except just a little bit ago I started hearing little creaking noises in the attic above me... 

No comments:

Post a Comment